The BeagleBone WL1835MOD W/ CHIP ANTENNA is an add-on board that provides Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® capability for the BeagleBone. This cape is equipped with Texas Instrument's WL835MOD pre-certified module. It offers advanced WiFi features including 2.4-GHz MRC Support for Extended Range, 2x2 MIMO and 40-MHz Channels for High Throughput, Wi-Fi Direct Concurrent Operation (Multi-Channel, Multi-Role) and SmartConfig technology. It also supports Bluetooth 4.0 including Bluetooth and BLE and Built-In coexistence technology for Bluetooth-BLE and WLAN. A Royalty-Free Certified Bluetooth Stack From StoneStreet One is also available from TI. This cape has on-board antenna.
- Up to 100-Mbps Throughput and Up to 1.4X the Range Versus a Single Antenna Configuration With 2X2 MIMO, 40-MHz Channel Bandwidth and MRC
- Differentiated Use-Cases by Configuring WiLink 8 in Two Different Roles (STA and AP) Simultaneously to Connect Directly With Other Wi-Fi Devices on Different RF Channel (Wi-Fi Networks)
- SmartConfig technology, a One-Step Wi-Fi Setup Process That Allows Multiple In-Home Devices, Especially Those Without Displays or Keypads, to Connect to the Wi-Fi Network Quickly and Easily.
- Lowest Wi-Fi Power Consumption in Connected Idle
- Configurable Wake on WLAN Filters to Only Wake Up the System
- Bluetooth 4.0 + BLE
- Wi-Fi-Bluetooth Single Antenna Coexistence
- Based on an easy to Use FCC, ETSI, and Telec Certified Module from Texas Instruments
Compatibility: BeagleBone (White). This cape is only compatible with BeagleBone White when using with TI SDK for 3.2 kernel. If you are using this cape with TI SDK, please contact TI for support.
This cape is not compatible with BeagleBone Black.
|PCB Size||3.40" x 4.00"|